Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Egg Rolls

Okay, so basically all of my meals this week are coming from "Eat Food...". What can I say, it is a great veggie blog. At any rate, I can't wait to make these for my hubby. He is going to absolutely LOVE them. I really think it is true, the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. It is true with my man at any rate. I know he is going to be over the moon with this.


Egg Rolls

I looked at about 15 recipes online and mixed and matched and came up with this recipe. They were great!
1/2 head of cabbage very finely shredded ( I used green but was thinking red would be fun too)
1 pkg mushrooms chopped
1 generous handful of bean sprouts
2 chopped green onions
2 celery stalks diced
3 carrots sliced into match sticks
1/2 cup peanuts chopped
1 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
2 tbs Tamari (soy sauce) with a touch of sweetner added (sugar, honey, agave, etc.)
1 package egg roll wrappers (found by the tofu in the grocery store usually).

Oil for cooking

In a skillet soften the vegetables then toss the soy and ginger and mix into the veggie mixture. Remove from heat. Stuff wrappers according to package directions. Brush lightly with oil and bake for about 15-20 minutes at 425 in oven, take out when they are crisp and golden.

No comments: