Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Summertime Tomato Sandwich

This is our most favorite thing to eat right now. It is so tasty and full of summer goodness! And, it is simple, healthy, and doesn't leave a mess! What more could you ask for?

Ingredients
1 tomato (works best if fresh from your yard)
2 slices of bread (again, works best if homemade wheat)
mayo
2 leaves fresh basil
salt and pepper to taste

Slice tomato into large slices. Spread thin layer of mayo onto one slice of bread (this is healthy remember?). Roll basil and slice into ribbons. Place basil onto mayo. Put tomatoes onto other slice of bread, add a little salt and pepper for taste, put both mayo side and tomato side together, enjoy (with a large glass of raspberry water!)

P.S. Not to worry, pictures are coming soon.

1 comment:

Trish said...

So have you heard of Vegenaise? I keep seeing it on recipes for raw foodies and vegetarians. Then I saw it at the store the other day and contemplated buying it. I guess I don't know enough about mayo to determine if I need a substitute. Plus, I hardly ever make anything that requires mayo, so I figured whats the point!? But who knows, maybe it would work with this sandwich here.