Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

California Spaghetti

Before I go any further, I have to say I stole this recipe from Jenni Toller's blog. I made a few adaptations, and we had it for dinner last night. It was GREAT! Jeffrey loved it! He has been begging me to make spaghetti for a while, but I don't like spaghetti, so we rarely have it. At any rate, here it is with my adaptations. If you want the whole real recipe (which I am sure tastes a ton better than what I made) check out Jenni's cooking blog.

INGREDIENTS
16 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons dried basil

2 tablespoons Cajun-style blackened seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
2 cans of Garlic and Olive Oil diced tomatoes

2 zucchinis sliced
2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese

DIRECTIONS
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain.

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces, and cook, stirring until browned on the outside. Stir in the garlic, basil, Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, then mix in the tomatoes and zucchini. Cook until tomatoes are semi soft.
Toss with pasta, and serve with crumbled feta cheese on top. Also top with fresh basil if desired.
So I have to be honest, I added the canned tomato because I want to save my fresh tomatoes for tomato sandwiches, which are my favorite thing right now. I just couldn't part with them. However, like I said, Jeffrey LOVED it, and wants me to make it again. It makes quite a bit, and by evening, it was all gone!
Buen Provecho!

No comments: