Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Summer Zucchini and Grilled Chicken Spaghetti with Leeks and Fire Roasted Tomatoes

Okay, so I got this great recipe from Picky Palate.  A delicious recipe blog with great food and what not, so... I have to add it to my blog, because it has become one of my favorite foods now.  I made a few alterations.  I am not a huge fan of spaghetti, so instead I used the curly colorful veggie noodles.  Another time I used tortellini.  Jeffrey liked it best with the tortellini, I liked it best with the veggie noodles.  Also, I didn't add any chicken.  Any way you make it, it is like a great celebration of food in your mouth.  Also, I didn't have the fire roasted tomatoes, so I used fresh.  Fresh is always great, right?  You can't go wrong there.
So, without further adu:

Summer Zucchini And Grilled Chicken Spaghetti With Leeks and Fire Roasted Tomatoes


1 lb whole wheat Barilla thin spaghetti noodles
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large zucchini, diced, about 3 Cups
½ Cup finely diced onion
½ Cup finely diced leeks (you can substitute onion, if desired)
pinch of kosher salt
3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
2 Cups grilled chicken breast, about 2 medium breasts
1 14 oz can Muir Glen Fire Roasted Tomatoes
10 fresh basil leaves, stacked, rolled and thinly sliced into ribbons (chiffonade)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside. Place olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Saute zucchini, onion and leeks for 5 minutes, until softened. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add chicken, tomatoes, chicken, basil ribbons, cooked pasta, salt, garlic salt, pepper and olive oil. Toss to combine all ingredients and reduce heat to low. Taste and season according to your taste, I tend to like it a little salty! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.