Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Summer Fiesta Salad


I guess I have a summer theme going on.  at any rate, my wonderful sister gave me this recipe over the phone, and I had to try it.  What a yummy to get your veggies!  It just tastes so good!

Ingredients

2 cans corn drained
1 can black beans drained
2 tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
4 green onions
1/2 onion
handfull cilantro
chilli powder
cumin

Directions

Put drained corn and beans into a large bowl (remember, drained but not rinsed).  Chop up all the rest of the veggies and toss them into the corn and beans.  sprinkle with the chili powder and cumin to taste.  Refrigerate a few hours before serving so flavors have a chance to mingle.  Serve with tortilla chips or fritos, and grated cheese on top.

1 comment:

Trish said...

That sounds great! By the way, you left out "way" after yummy. Just thought you should know. Hope all is well! -Trish