Pages

Monday, July 21, 2008

Grandma's Zucchini Casserole

So I am not a huge casserole fan. I am not entirely opposed to them, but they are not my favorite. However, it is zucchini season, and in trying to find different creative ways to use up the zucchini, my wonderful grandmother came up with the best recipe in the world, and I was waiting for the zucchini to come into season so I could make this.

Grandma's Zucchini Casserole


10-11 c. cubed zucchini, cooked to make 6 cups
1 can cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 c. cheese (shredded)
1 med onion, sauted in 1 T. margarine
1 pkg. stove top stuffing + 1 c. bread crumbs
1/4 lb. butter

Boil zucchini 5-10 minutes and drain. mix with chicken soup and sour cream. Mix stuffing mix, not as directed on box, but with melted 1/4 lb. margarine only. Mix onions with zucchini mixture, then in casserole dish, layer stuffing mix and zucchini mix alternately (also shredded cheese) ending with crumbs on top. Bake 30 minutes at 350 F. in a 9x13 pan.

This casserole just brings summer at grandma's house back to the mouth and the memories! I hope you all like it as much as I do.

No comments: