Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

The Seediest

Halloween has come and gone, and now there are leftover pumpkins. I got a lot because the grocery store was giving away all their extras, so we got a few good ones. Pies and soup, here we come! I think I may even be adventerous enough to try and find a pumpkin juice recipe this year!

But first and foremost, what to do with those seeds?

I was reading If You Give a Mom a Moment and found this fantastic recipe. We love it! I don't think I will ever use another. Especially since Jeffrey loves worcestershire sauce. Try it, it is so warm and welcoming in your mouth. I can't think of any other way to explain it.

What you need:
1 1/2 TBSP butter, melted
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 c raw whole pumpkin seeds

What to do:

Preheat oven to 275*. Mix together everything but pumpkin seeds. Then coat pumpkin seeds with butter mixture. Coat evenly. Pop it into the oven and bake for about an hour, stirring occasionally. Cool before eating. May result in burned tongue and fingers.

Buen Provecho!


No comments: