Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Perfect with Apples

While I haven't actually made this yet, it looked like the best recipe out there. I am pretty excited to try it soon. Jeffrey loves caramel apple dip, and since I prefer to make it from scratch over buying it (always tastes better homemade) I decided I need this recipe. I hope it is as good as it sounds! After I make it I will let you know what I think.

What you need:

2 TBSP butter, cubed
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup light corn syrup
1-1/2 teaspoons water
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Sliced apples

What to do:

In a small saucepan combine the butter, sugar, milk, corn syrup and water. cook and stir it over medium heat until it is smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Serve with apples.

Good luck, and if any of you make this before I do, let me know how it goes, and how it tastes. Enjoy!

No comments: