Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Tortellini a la Florentine

Tonight I went through my recipe index and thought I would try a new one. We made a pasta dish that isn't one of my favorites. I don't know if I will make it again. It was good enough, and possibly I didn't like it because i was so hot and the food was hot, and I had to cook it. That right there is enough to ruin any good food. Jeffrey wasn't a huge fan because he had a horrid day at work and that right there is enough to spoil even the best food. He wasn't a fan of the wilted spinach but I liked it. At any rate, here it is...

Tortellini a la Florentine

What You Need:

1 Tbsp Vegetable oil
1/4 cup Chopped onion
1 tsp Chopped fresh garlic
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes in mixed herbs
slat and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 Tbsp Butter
2 Bags fresh baby spinach
3/4- 1lb fresh or frozen cheese tortellini, freshly cooked and drained
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley

What To Do:

In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until tender. Stir in the tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste; bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Stir in the cream of mushroom soup and heat slowly. Remove and cover to keep warm.
In a large deep skillet, melt the butter over medium low heat. Add the spinaceh in batches, and cook, tossing until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the spinach and the tortellini on 4 heated plates. Coat with the mushroom sauce and sprinkle with parsley.



Buen Provecho!



1 comment:

valentine said...

hmmmm, that looks so incredibly delicious! i love tortellini! you have now made me dissatisfied with my dinner.