Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes

I have some zucchini sitting in my fridge waiting to be used. And I am craving vegetables without pasta. So glad I found my cookbook (do I talk about it too much?). I found a recipe in it for Roasted Zucchini and Tomatoes. Since I have all the ingredients it calls for, I decided I would make it. I will come back and post (if I can remember to take one) a picture, and my reviews. I am hoping it will turn out good! But of course it will, it is zucchini and tomatoes!

Without further adieu,

What you need:

4 small zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2 small yellow onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 ripe plum tomatoes, chopped
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 Tbsp minced fresh parsley

What to do:

Turn on your oven to 400*. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking pan. Cut the zucchini inot 1/4 inch slices and place in the prepared pan. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, oil, basil, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste, tossing to coat.
Roast, uncovered until tender, stirring once about halfway through, 30 to 40 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl, toss with the parsley, and serve immediately.

Sounds good, doesn't it? So I am now off to make it. And as always

Buen Provecho!

No comments: