Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Pumpkin Bread

This Pumpkin Bread is not your typical pumpkin bread. It is far better than any other you could ever taste. It is divine and phenomenal. Every time I make this I get requests for the recipe. It is absolutely delicious! I love to make it in the fall, and just realized I don't have the recipe posted. What a horrible oversight on my part! Never fear, for what would be the purpose of this post were it not to share the scrumptious bread (it is true, I have probably been watching too much Jane Austen if my speech is begining to imitate theirs. Oops!)

At any rate, here it is:

What You Need:
1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
2/3 cup water
3 cups white sugar
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 bag craisins

What To Do:

Heat your oven to 350* F. Grease and flour your bread pans (about 3 7x3" loaf pans.
In a large bowl mix the pumpkin, eggs, oil, water, and sugar until it is well blended. In a seperate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices and craisins. Stir the ingredients into the pumpkin mixutre until just blended. Pour the batter into bread pans. Bake for about 50 minutes. Loaves are done when they pass the toothpick test.

They are best the day after baking for some odd reason. But even fresh out of the oven they are divine. I hope you all enjoy this, and feel free to play with the mix ins. The recipe didn't call for craisins but I added them anyway, and have decided that they are necessary. Absolutely wonderful! Enjoy.


No comments: