Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Late But Posted and Helpful Nonetheless

This has been a very busy cooking week.  I can't believe I haven't posted my recipes!  Well, the recipes I used, anyway.  So as to be able to find them again, I will post the link here, and then in an actual post I will put up my rendition of the recipe.

Monday we had French Spring Soup and Ciabatta rolls.  I was going to bake some french bread, but I ran out of time.  The soup was a smashing success.  I used Rainbow Chard and dandelion greens for the soup and it was a little bitter, but still delicious.  Jeffrey was a huge fan.  I was able to freeze a quart of it for another day.

Tuesday we had Chicken Lo Mein and Avocado egg rolls.  Oh my goodness, it was delicious!  I am not a fan of Chinese food, but these were incredible.  The lo mein would have been a lot better without the chicken, or at least with less of it.  The egg rolls were absolute heaven in a little fried roll.  Wow.  And the dipping sauce has been making my sandwiches very happy for the past few days.

Wednesday we had a greek dish called Cabbage and Leek Cheese Pie.  I had to adapt it a lot, but everyone was delighted with it.  Especially the fact that there were no oils in it, just salt, veggies and a bit of cheese.  I admit, though, I probably used more cheese than it called for.  You can rarely go wrong with extra cheese, though, right?  We had a ton of leftovers with this, so again, I filled a quart jar with it and put it in the freezer. I love those freezer meals.

Thursday (today) we are having Tomato and Avocado Grilled Cheese sandwiches and Grandma's Tomato soup.  The tomato soup always makes me happy, and I am anticipating the avocado grilled cheese is going to be delicious.

Friday we are going to have California Sandwiches with sweet potato fries.  I suspect Jeffrey is going to love it.  Mainly because of the home made fries, but healthy foods with carbs are always a favorite with him.

Saturday I am going to grill some fish and asparagus and make a side of quinoa.  I am not sure how I will season it just yet, as I haven't planned that far ahead, but as of now, it will probably have garlic, onions, and some other spices in it.  I will probably pick up a watermelon as well, while I am getting the fish.

Sunday is Mother's Day.  Which means I will probably be in charge of cooking again.  Jeffrey tries.  He tried to cook twice last week, but was very disappointed with his lack of skill.  He asked me to never let him try that again.  I laughed and was flattered.  I do love to cook, and it makes me so happy that he loves my cooking so much.  Since Mother's Day is typically a day when people want to spoil moms, or thank them, we will probably have leftovers, if I haven't frozen them all.  If I have, well, then it will probably be sandwiches for dinner.  Because that is how I roll.

Again, it has been a delicious week, and I am so happy to be back to cooking.


No comments: