Pages

Friday, May 24, 2013

Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries

image
I decided to try to shake things up a little.  We had burgers and fries the other day, and instead of russet potatoes, I decided to make fries out of sweet potatoes.

I don't know if I am going to do that again.  They turned out really soggy, even though I followed the directions on how to make them crispy.  Sigh.  We shall see.

They were really easy to make.  I chopped up a bunch of sweet potatoes into fry size.  I bought 4, and oh my goodness, that made so many fries!  I think 2 would be enough.

I put them in a bowl of cold water and let them sit for an hour or two.  I then tossed them in a mixture of chipotle chile, cornstarch, garlic and salt.

I tossed all of that in olive oil and tossed it in the oven.

I baked them for about 10 minutes and put them on a cooling rack.

They were incredibly tasty, but somewhat soggy.  And it made too many.

I am going to have to tweak the recipe to see if I can get them to not be so soggy.

They were good, but... meh.

No comments: