Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spaghetti Squash Medly

Dinner was absolutely delicious tonight.  I honestly ate more than I should have, because I couldn't get enough, it was incredible.

We had a spaghetti squash medley.  I admit, I did get the idea for this from CuisineNie, but made a few adaptations to suit our family.
Image from CuisineNie
I took a spaghetti squash, cut it in quarters (I was supposed to cut it in half lengthwise, but without reading, cut it in half width wise, and then lengthwise), scooped out the seeds, and rubbed the flesh all over with olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  I then covered it with tinfoil and put it in the oven at 400*.  I just left it there until I could poke it with a fork and it was tender, about 30 minutes.

While it was cooking, I chopped up and sauteed a yellow crook neck squash, zucchini, and some mushrooms.

When the spaghetti squash was finished, with a fork, I scrapped out the spaghetti squash into a bowl, combined the sauteed vegetables, added a little salt and pepper, and then dumped half a carton of feta cheese in with it.

Yum!  I decided to freeze half of it for another time because I really liked it, and on a lazy summer day, it will be perfect to just heat up!



No comments: