Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Garlic Spiked Broccoli

I cannot believe I don't have this recipe posted!  Seriously, one of my favorite ways to eat broccoli, and I didn't even list it.  *sigh*  What am I comming to?

At any rate, if you like broccoli, well, even if you don't give this a try and it will probably put a smile on your lips.

What you need:

2 Tbsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic
1-2 cups sliced mushrooms
2 tsp rosemary
A bunch of broccoli florets (can use frozen or fresh)
(I never measure the broccoli.  Just a bag of frozen florets, or a 2 bunches of fresh broccoli. Sometimes 3 bunches.  Depends on my mood and how big the bunches are)
What to do:

Heat oil in a large sauce pan.  Add crushed garlic.  Once it begins to brown, add mushrooms and rosemary.  Cook until mushrooms are soft.  Add broccoli.  Make sure to coat the broccoli with the garlic, mushrooms and rosemary that have already been in the pan, mingling flavors.  Cook for about 10 minutes on medium low, or until broccoli is soft with a slight crunch.  Remove from heat and serve.

Tastes so good!  I can never go back to just regular broccoli now that I know how it tastes with the garlic and rosemary. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so yum!!!

Jenny said...

This sounds soooooo good - I am definitely going to try it!!!

Thank you for sharing it with us!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

these are amazing!