Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Creamy Summertime Vegetables

Back into my groove again.  Can't wait to start the experimentation of new recipes again.  This week is chalk full of new experiences for the taste buds.  I decided to do a weekly menu again as that helps me with my budget.  This week we are going to enjoy the bounty of my cherry tree, and other summery foods.

I thought I would start off with a recipe I received in an email.  It looks delicious!


Creamy Summertime Vegetables
This recipe works well with any mixture of veggies you find at your local farmer's market.  Get creative!

1.  Chop 6-8 cups of vegetables.  Good ones are carrots, asparagus, broccoli, green beans, snap peas, summer squash, zucchini, kale, cauliflower.  (you don't need them all, choose 2-4 different kinds for this dish).

2.  Sautee fresh minced garlic in 2 Tbls of olive oil on medium heat.

3.  Add 1 tsp of Indian Curry powder or ginger and mix thoroughly.

4.  Add 1 cup of vegetable or chicken broth and 1 cup ofcoconut milk to pot.

5.  Add chopped vegetables (reserve quick cooking ones like kale, spinach, or asparagus for later), bring to boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.

6.  Add rest of vegetables for 3-5 minutes.

7.  Add 1 Tbls of dry basil (or a 1/4 cup fresh) to vegetables.

8.  Add sea salt to taste.

9.  Pour over bed of cooked brown rice.  Enjoy!

I will take some pictures of it when I make it this week, and if they (the pictures) turn out, I will tack them onto the recipe.



No comments: