Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Yiddish Food

I am so excited to try this recipe! It is in the oven as we speak and I can't wait to try it. In honor of Hanukkah, I had to try this traditional Jewish dish. I hear this is something that is served for Hanukkah and since I love trying new things, I thought I would give this a go.

Cheese Blintz Casserole

What You need:
16 oz. cottage cheese
16 oz. cream cheese
4 beaten eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup flour
2 sticks butter, melted
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp. baking powder
pinch salt
juice of 1 lemon

What to do:
1.) Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 Pyrex.


2.) Mix the filling in 1 bowl: cream the cream cheese & cottage cheese. Add 2 eggs, 1 cup of the sugar, salt, and lemon juice.


3.) In ANOTHER bowl, mix the batter: butter, 1/2 cup of the sugar, 2 eggs, flour, baking powder, milk, & vanilla.


4.) Pour 1/4 of the batter in, then all of the filling. Top with remaining batter.


5.) Bake for 45-60 minutes. Top should be slightly browned.

You can serve this with fruit on top, or sour cream or even applesauce. Use your imagination! Enjoy!

Buen Provecho!

No comments: