Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Mexican Rice

On Sunday I gave a lesson on time management. I used rice and water as part of my object lesson then realized I had a ton left over. Not wanting to waste it, I took it home and cooked it. Needless to say, cooking with rice has been on my mind quite a bit lately.

Yesterday I found a recipe and used it as a guide for dinner. I was worried it wouldn't be very good, but it was actually delicious!

What You Need:

4 cups cooked brown rice
1 can black beans drained
1 can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes drained
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cups cheese
spinach leaves

What to Do:

Preheat oven to 350*.
Spread rice in a casserole dish. Mix in seasoning, tomatoes, sauce, beans and 1 cup cheese. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Bake until cheese is melted and all is heated through- about 20 minutes.
Serve on bed of spinach.

This would also make a great burrito stuffer. I think we are going to try that out tonight... or enchilada! That would be yummy too. At any rate, enjoy, and

Buen Provecho!

1 comment:

Trish said...

Sounds good, just check the label on the taco seasoning and make sure it doesn't have any msg! A lot of them do these days.