Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sauteed mushrooms and onions with wilted spinach on Whole Wheat toast.

Do you have bread? Do you have Spinach? How about cheese, onions and mushrooms? These are staples in my home, which means if I have had a long day, I can throw together this sandwich in a hurry, and still really think I put dinner together. It's brilliant!
Since I made this recipe up, I am not exactly sure on amounts. It is a easy and I am sure you can figure this one out.

Sautee white onion and mushrooms in olive oil together until soft.

Add course salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, toast whole wheat or grain bread.
Add Dijon deli mustard like and mayonnaise on toasted bread.
Right before adding mushrooms to toast, add bunch of spinach to mixture and let them wilt slightly add balsamic vinegar and mix around for a few more minutes.
Place on toasted bread with cheese such as fresh mozzarella.

Again, stolen from Nie

No comments: