Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Enchilada Sauce



I want to write something so clever with this, but the fact of the matter is I am so tired right now, I just can't get my mind to work, any more than just to copy and paste this little bit.  Sigh.  Hopefully I will remember to update it when I actually make it.


Ingredients
3 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. chili powder
Salt/pepper
Optional: cayenne pepper, ground chipotle, paprika, etc.

Directions
In a small bowl, combine flour, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add tomato paste, and the bowl of flour and spices.
Cook 1 minute, whisking continuously.
Whisk in broth, increase heat, and bring to a light boil.
Reduce to simmer. Cook about 8 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking occasionally.
Salt/pepper to taste.

No comments: