Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Dinner

Graveyard Dip
Last night we had some friends come over for dinner and games.  Since it was so close to Halloween, I decided to spookify the meal.  So, I whipped up some of Jeffrey's bean dip.  I then made some of these crackers, but free handed the tree shape and tombstones.  I also used some Halloween cookie cutters for witches, bats, cats and pumpkin shapes to dip into the dip.  I chopped up some olives and salad to be dirt and fallen leaves.  The tomb stones didn't turn out very well in the photo but they looked pretty cool.

Mummy Pizza
I also used my pizza recipe but cut circles out of the dough with a cup, then used string cheese for the mummy wrap and olives for the eyes (obviously).

Pumpkin Fudge
Lastly, I used this recipe for the pumpkin fudge.  I am going to play with it the next time I make it.  It doesn't taste pumpkiny enough for my palate, though.  Still good but different.

What do you make for Halloween night?

No comments: