Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Divinity of Plums


Today was perfect. I walked into my kitchen while the rain pelted against the window and had a love affair with the plums. They sat there on my new cake stand, just begging to be made into something delicious. I looked through my cupboards and decided I had all the ingredients to make a scrumptious plum pudding. I can't wait to eat it after dinner! And tomorrow I will probably get started on the apples. The abundance of Fall just has me reeling. Apples, plums, grapes! It is enough to make your mouth dance for joy.


What you need:

12 plums, pitted and halved
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons tapioca
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 1/4 cups all-purpose baking mix
3 tablespoons white sugar
2/3 cup milk
3 tablespoons margarine, melted

What to do:

As always, it works better if you can preheat your oven. For this recipe 350 is the recommended temperature.
In a 2 quart baking dish, stir together plums, 1 cup sugar, water, tapioca and cinnamon. Bake for 25 minutes. While the plum concoction is baking, combine baking mix, sugar, milk and melted butter to form a shortcake dough. Once the plum mixture is through baking, pull it out and drop dough onto it. Put bake in the oven at 380 and bake for 20 minutes, until golden brown. Let it cool a bit before eating or deal with a burned mouth. I can't wait to give it a try. The cinnamon and plum permeated throughout my whole house and is telling me fall and baking season are here!

Buen Provecho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!