Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bruschetta

I made the bruschetta, and it was a smashing hit! I kind of followed a recipe, but more so made up my own. You lucky people will get the privilege of having my rendition of the stuff.

Bruschetta
1 Loaf French Bread
or a Baguette
4 TBSP Olive Oil
3 cloves garlic
6 Roma tomatoes
handful of fresh basil ribboned
2 green onions

handful of parsley
Parmesan cheese
mozzarella cheese
1/4 tsp pepper
mushrooms

What you do:
Basically you cut the french bread in half, and lay it cut side up on a baking sheet (pretty obvious, I know). Put your olive oil into a small dish, along with the minced garlic, pepper, and a dash or two of Parmesan cheese. Once you have mixed that all up, spread it on the bread. Next, chop up your tomatoes, green onions, and parsley, then spread that on top of the oiled bread. Liberally spread your cheese on top of the tomatoes, I added a few dashes of Parmesan cheese as well, and top with mushrooms.
Put in pre heated oven at 350* for 5-10 minutes (or until the cheese has melted) then broil until the edges turn brown. Take it out, and ENJOY!

Evidently the Italians eat this as an afternoon snack. They know how to snack, is all I can say. Delicious! And as always

Buen Provecho!

No comments: