Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Irish Pub Potatoes

My mouth died and went to heaven today.

It happened in the form of potatoes. I call them Irish Pub Potatoes. I found a recipe and adapted it, and it just makes my mouth so happy! I can't wait to make these again. They remind me of something I would have gotten on one of my late night college Denny's runs, except less grease and so much more flavor! I cannot sing their praises enough. Although now I am probably setting expectations too high, but I don't care. So yum!

What you need:

3 large potatoes
olive oil
rosemary
thyme
any other spices you so desire
salt
pepper
cheese
guacamole
1 green onion
bacon
sour cream

What you do

Wash and dry the potato. Slice it into 1/4 inch slices, or however thick you like them. Put into a bag with olive oil and spices. Shake until the potatoes are all coated evenly. Spread on a cookie sheet and place under a broiler until golden and crisp. Flip and repeat. When they are done, pull them out and use the plop and spread method to evenly pile them in a pie tin. Toss a handful of cheese in with it, I lifted up some of the potatoes so the cheese would be all throughout rather than just on top. Put the tin of potatoes back in the oven until the cheese has melted. Plop a couple of spoonfuls of guacamole in the middle of the potatoes. Add a dolop or two of sour cream to the center of the guacamole, sprinkle on some thinly chopped green onions, and sprinkle with crisp bacon crumbs.

Devour while hot.

I made this twice tonight, and the second time I used the bacon grease instead of the olive oil to coat the potatoes. Jeffrey liked it a lot better with the bacon grease, but he will always favor bacon flavor over healthy olive oil, so what can you do? It is great both ways, I think.

Obviously this isn't a science, and I don't have it down to exactness yet. I doubt I ever will. It is more of a "do what your mood dictates" sort of food. But that is part of what makes it so lovely, the versatility.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

RSM Multilink LLP said...

Tadalis SX 20 mg is a medication commonly prescribed for the treatment of impotence (ED) in men.
Male ED Problem Pills
Chat on WhatsApp with +91 92163-25377