Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2014

Veggie Blues

google image
I have been feeling very *blah* lately, and so decided I need to get better with eating my vegetables. Also, it is winter time here in Utah, though it doesn't feel like it, and that means very soon we will have the worst air in the nation. A perfect breeding ground for germs and sicknesses.

Enter meal planning again!

I am going to try to make at least one new thing each week, just to add some spice to our monotonous menus and excite our palates.

This week I will be making several new things, though. Ambitious, I know. But I am excited for the meals this week, and especially that most all of them are easy.  The only one that scares me are the pupusas, but I have to conquer my fear eventually.

This week, we will be eating well!

Sunday: Easy crock pot chicken chili
Monday: Kale and potato hash with fried eggs
Tuesday: Pupusas with cortido
Wednesday: Monte Cristo sandwiches and broccoli soup
Thursday: Sweet potato chicken and quinoa soup
Friday: curry with naan
Saturday: leftovers/ whatever we want

This is going to be a full week, and I know I am being ambitious, especially because I will be watching 2 extra kids all day, but I am excited nonetheless. I like cooking, and I love trying new things.

Bring on the new week!









No comments: